Philadelphia Parking Authority/Philadelphia Police Department
Unclaimed Motor Vehicle Auction
Philadelphia, Pa 19148
Welcome to the Philadelphia Parking Authority's On-line Auction! Please take time to read our new procedures and rules below.
AUCTIONS WILL BE HELD EVERY TUESDAY & THURSDAY. (Subject to Change)
They will be facilitated by Aspite Auto Auction and can be accessed through their website (AAutoAuction.com). Please follow the directions here and on their site to get registered and place bids.
ON-LINE PROCEDURE – REGISTRATION
- Registration for the on-line auction can be found by clicking the SIGN-IN/REGISTER button.
- You can register for the auction at ANYTIME. We recommend your registration be completed at 24 hours prior to the Auction.
- REGISTRATION IS FREE and can be done from any computer or mobile device. You must enter:
- Valid phone #.
- Valid email address.
- Your registered street address must match your driver's license.
- You must take a picture of your driver's license and upload it during registration.
It is the bidder’s responsibility to keep the address current in your account. Address changes will, absolutely, be prohibited once payment has been made. The address in your account will be the address used to process your title and MUST match your driver’s license. It will be your responsibility to apply for a duplicate title from PennDOT to correct the address if the wrong one is provided.
- Once your information is verified your account will be activated and you may begin to bid.
- If you register more than once, your accounts will not be activated.
- Remember your username and password!!
- If your account is suspended, do not reregister, your account will not be activated.
- If you are a licensed vehicle dealer, you must upload your current Dealer License, Dealer Registration, Dealer insurance, and Salespersons license in order to be approved as a dealer.This will be verified by the staff at Aspite and the PPA. Contact Aspite customer service once your account has been activated to ensure you are in fact activated as a vehicle dealer.
- Vehicles may be viewed on-line daily and vehicles will be posted at least 1 day prior to auction. There will be no live preview. There will be a description on-line accompanied by several pictures.
- All bidders/purchasers must be at least eighteen (18) years old. No one under eighteen (18) years of age will be permitted to register.
- Valid driver's license is required.
ON-LINE PROCEDURE – BIDDING
- All vehicles are sold “AS IS” and WITH ALL THE FAULTS. There are no warranties express or implied, nor warranties of merchantability.
- Bidding will open at 8:00AM the day of the auction.
- You are responsible for every bid placed!!!You will be asked to SUBMIT and CONFIRM every bid before it is accepted.If you key in the wrong amount and click CONFIRM, you are responsible for that bid.Failure to pay for a winning bid will result in immediate suspension for 3 months PER CAR.
- You will be required to place a credit card deposit prior to bidding. All credit cards used for deposit and payments must be presented to the PPA when completing the signature transaction. (see payment instructions.)If you are the winning bidder, the deposit will be charged to your card immediately.
- Please understand that there is only a “HOLD” placed on your credit card when you place your deposit. The hold on your credit card will be released approximately 24 hours after the auction has ended if you are not the winning bidder.
- BIDS CAN NOT BE RETRACTED
- BIDDING FOR VEHICLES WILL BEGIN CLOSING BETWEEN 10:00AM to 12:00PM on AUCTION DAY. EACH VEHICLE WILL HAVE A SPECIFIED "END TIME"
- If you place a bid and are immediately outbid, this indicates another bidder has placed a proxy bid.
- As a courtesy, all bidders will be notified by text or email (please specify when registering, Aspite recommends text) when their bid is placed.Bidders will also be notified when they have been outbid, when they are the top bid, and if they are in fact the winning bidder.If you are immediately outbid, this will indicate that another bidder has previously posted a proxy bid.
ALL REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN BEING BANNED FROM FUTURE AUCTIONS. ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE SENT TO ECRADDOCK@PHILAPARK.ORG or AUCTIONS@PHILAPARK.ORG